Here is the long-forgotten story of Begum Hazrat Mahal, queen of Awadh and the soul of the Indian revolt against the British, brought to vivid life by a writer whose own story reads like a novel.Begum was an orphan and a poetess who captured the attentions of King Waiid Ali Shah of Awadh and became his fourth wife. As his wife, she incited and led a popular uprising that would eventually prove to ...
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Europa Editions (November 4, 2014)
Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 1.2 x 8.2 inches
Amazon Rank: 2336506
Format: PDF ePub djvu book
reviews: Excellent book, both from an historical account and a romanticized novel. For once, the Westerners (the British) are generally speaking "the bad guys", and most of the story is written from an Indian and Muslim alternate viewpoint. An excellent read...
- In The City of Gold and Silver pdf
- Download In The City of Gold and Silver pdf
- In The City of Gold and Silver txt
- 978-1609452278 pdf
- Download Kenize Mourad pdf
- Download Kenize Mourad ebooks
- Download Literature and Fiction epub books